I think it is worth exploring any remethylation defects. What was the plasma methionine?

My suggestion is to do common thermolabile MTHFR 677 mutation first, and failing that to sequence the whole MTHFR - it is quite small gene anyway; and we do it here at St Thomas'. We have discovered few novel mutations especially in non-caucasian patients.

Regards

Yusof

Dr Yusof Rahman,

Consultant in Adult Inherited Metabolic Disease,

Centre for Inherited Metabolic Disorders

Level 6, Evelina Children's Hospital,

Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,

Westminster Bridge Road,

London SE1 7EH

Tel: +44 207 188 4004