Job Advertisement: Closing Date 19th August 2012

Here at the Royal Observatory Greenwich, we want to engage, inspire and
enthuse school pupils of all ages and from all backgrounds. Our aim is
to develop an exciting range of interactive programmes and resources that
deliver a unique and memorable learning experience. Now we need your
talent, vision and creativity to help us achieve those ambitious goals
and bring the curriculum to life.

Leading a world-class astronomy offer for all formal learning audiences,
you will oversee every aspect of this provision =E2=80=93 from developing
the overall strategy and designing programmes to producing resources
that spark the imaginations of learners. It=E2=80=99s your opportunity to
bring bold and fresh new approaches, both on-site and online (including
the use of mobile technologies).

The proven ability to lead a team is important, combined with a relevant
PhD or MSc in astrophysics, science communication or a similar subject.
Sound experience of working with primary and secondary pupils and teachers
is also essential, which could have been gained in a school, university,
museum or science centre. In addition, you should bring a strong track
record of developing innovative formal learning programmes and resources.

For a full job description and details of how to apply, please visit
www.rmg.co.uk/jobs

Closing date: 19 August 2012.

The Royal Astronomical Society Job List is provided free-of-charge through the JISC Mail Service. Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy, the RAS cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or validity, either directly or by implication, of job advertisements or other information posted to this list. For more information about the Royal Astronomical Society visit the website at www.ras.org.uk.

Royal Astronomical Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BQ, UK, tel. +44 (0)20 7734 3308, fax. +44 (0)20 7494 0166, www.ras.org.uk