We have just a handful of places left for software developers at the 2nd SPRUCE Mashup in London, taking place from the 18th to 20th September. The event is an exciting opportunity to work with and learn from practitioners and our experts on practical curation and digital preservation challenges.

Here's what participants said about our previous Mashup events:

 *   It felt very productive. Lots of development. Every solution that was developed was enlightening and showed potential for future use.
 *   As a first timer, I was unsure of how things would work - I am a complete fan of this type of event as it far exceeded my expectations.
 *   I loved working hands-on with the practitioners! (I was a little worried that the idea of getting devs and practitioners to work side-by-side was optimistic/idealistic, but I think the reality worked out amazingly well!)
 *   (Liked) The good camaraderie of all the participants, and the willingness of everyone to discuss and help.
 *   Really found it useful to speak to others involved in similar work, finding out about different tools, and experiences. Think there were some very useful conversations going on, and lots of things to revisit
 *   Great to have people working on real life practical solutions to digital preservation problems at the event, rather than just talking about it and then not doing anything!
 *   There were a ton of tools I was unaware of and am excited to go back to the office and try out...
 *   The fact that every single developer created a useful and re-usable tool
 *   I learned more about working directly with practitioners to solve their problems. This is an attitude that will affect my day-to-day work. Also, I learned lots of details about how other people are addressing/solving issues, what tools they're using to do so, and the results they've had.
 *   This is such a good idea - I found tools I did not know existed and benefitted from others' expertise.

For more information on our unique event format, check out this page...
http://wiki.opf-labs.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13041673

...or view the incredible results produced by attendees at our previous Mashup events:
http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/REQ/Digital+Preservation+and+Data+Curation+Requirements+and+Solutions

If you'd like to attend the SPRUCE Mashup London, please sign up here:
http://sprucelondon.eventbrite.co.uk/

SPRUCE is a JISC funded Project. For more information see: http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/SPR

Cheers

Paul Wheatley
SPRUCE Project Manager
The University of Leeds
http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/SPR

Support your digital preservation community! Get involved in these collaborative initiatives:
http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/SPR/Support+your+digital+preservation+community