Susan - I actually take a simpler approach working with students and faculty for searching for systematic reviews that my faculty seem to like.  Rather then building a complex search I encourage them to take advantage of the related articles feature of PubMed.  I have attached a guide to Pubmed searching I have developed titled 5 Easy Steps to Search Pubmed  -  it seems to be effective.

Mike
--
Michael Kronenfeld
University Librarian