Hello,

Heriot-Watt University is in the process of upgrading to BB9.1 SP8 (from
7.3). We are currently using the default group sign-up sheet feature,
but find it lacking on two counts:

1)      No option to allow students to remove themselves from the group
- Some staff wish to allow students the option to remove themselves and
change their selection. Others wish to lock students in to their initial
sign-up selection, so it must be optional per course.

2)      No simple and effective route to exporting the enrolments (other
than copy-pasting) - an "export" to CSV option would be ideal.

However, the positive feature to retain offered by the default group
sign-up (compared to the old plugin we used in 7.3) is the integration
with group tools such as Wikis and email.

We have some classes of 400+ to manage. In a few cases, academic staff
who have tested the default sign-up tool are contemplating returning to
paper-based sign-up sheets, then manually input the signup selection
back in to the course....

Can anyone recommend, from their own experience, a plug-in or workaround
to meet the two requirements above, whilst retaining the current level
of integrations and perhaps share your experiences of installations? I
will have a lot of persuading to do if anything new is to be adopted at
this relatively late stage... but a return to paper-based sign-up for
even just one course is not acceptable!

Thanks in advance,

Colin.

School of Management and Languages

Heriot-Watt University.

--
Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.