Also based in the US, but with global coverage, is Open Context
(http://opencontext.org).

Open Context publishes zooarch data and other content (media, field notes,
etc.) and gives each individual item (such as a bone specimen) a unique
URL. That way, you can cite an entire project or one specific item in a
project. Open Context data are archived by the California Digital Library.

Because data have unique URLs and are open access, Open Context is able to
link up with other open content in the scientific data community. Open
Context's lead developer (Eric Kansa) is on tDAR's advisory board, and
tDAR and Open Context are planning future interoperability. Similar
interoperability with Neotomadb.org and other efforts would be ideal.
There's huge value in having these multiple approaches, and if they work
towards being complementary and collaborative, there is a very promising
future for zooarchaeological data access!

Best,
Sarah