I finished reading through Andrew Burke's book yesterday: among other things, he does the mundane very well. The day to day as narrative, mostly, & he does it with a certain wit & generosity.

The book is more new poems than old, so people here will have seen quite a few of the poems before: from China & The Kimberley, as well as that passage through the hospital a year or so back, & that's a fine litfle serial poem.

Andrew: I really enjoy the range & the way you find so much in the ordinary of life. The book is nicely bookended by an earlier poem, Whittling, that suggests poems as 'counterpoint to memory' & a recent one, Form as extension of Nature, that reminds us that in the world, 'Centuries of change / formed these words.'

A great way to look at it.

Doug
Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Latest books:
Continuations & Continuations 2 (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=962
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

Why can’t words mean what they say?