Apologies for Cross Posting

Dear All

Many thanks to all of you who replied to my request for information on Policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Competencies Hierarchies on Intranets/Internets.

I have listed the replies below:

"Our Trust organises them by hospital department."

"I developed a taxonomy for our policies."
"Ours are organised by Department or Directorate and a search facility is available."
"The temptation to design something bespoke usually lands up with more complexity than is needed or practically functional. We are looking at this process ourselves and probably edging towards the conclusion that any KM categorization is likely to have to include links to both internal and external documents. We may conclude that adopting a model from, say, NICE or SIGN, might be flawed and open to criticism, but would have the traction needed with the wider environment to deliver practical usefulness."
"Two pictures for you - no-one asked us about hierarchies! It's Basics: clinical or non-clinical"
"I’d be very interested in any responses you get; ours are currently all over the place, some under “Trustwide”, some under “HR” or “Employment”, some under “Nursing” "

"On our Intranet, policies are listed in A-Z fashion. But you also have the option to browse using the headings below:
Corporate Affairs
Emergency Planning
Estates & Facilities
Finance
Human Resources
ICT
R&D
Safety & Governance

Kind Regards

Mandy

Mandy Beaumont MSc MCLIP
Knowledge and Library Services Manager
Library and Information Service
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Fulwood
Preston
PR2 9HT

Tel: 01772 522717
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

èBag yourself a book and win £50! Sign up for the Six Book Challenge at your local Trust library.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual(s) addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error then please note that disclosing, copying, distributing or retaining this message or any part of it is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this e-mail, so although it has been virus checked before transmission, the recipient should also check for the presence of viruses. The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this email and any subsequent reply cannot be guaranteed. http://www.lancsteachinghospitals.nhs.uk