I think that you may find the answer to your query in J Burchardt, The
Allotment Movement in England, 1793 to 1873 (Boydell, Woodbridge,  2002)

Michael Holland

[log in to unmask] writes:

I've  recently catalogued a map showing leasehold land in Harborne  (then
Staffordshire)  in 1827, with land parcel areas shown in roods  and quarter
roods. The anonymous surveyor has added the note "The land is  cast up in
potato roods of 64 square yards". I haven't been able to find  any other
reference to "potato roods". Has anyone else experienced  them?

Richard Abbott

Archives and Heritage
Central  Library
Chamberlain Square
Birmingham
B3  3HQ

tel   0121 303 4549
fax         0121 464 1176
e-mail    [log in to unmask]

The  information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by
Birmingham City Council is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is  intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed.
If  you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies and
notify the  sender immediately. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or
copying  is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any e-mail including its
content may be  monitored and used by Birmingham City Council for reasons of
security and for  monitoring internal compliance with the office policy on
staff use. E-mail  blocking software may also be used. Any views or opinions
presented are solely  those of the originator and do not necessarily represent
those of Birmingham  City Council. We cannot guarantee that this message or
any attachment is virus  free or has not been intercepted and  amended.