All,

For audit and other reasons we need to account here for the daily fines and charges for CDs and DVDs separately from each other and separately from books .

Currently, staff do that from the Tills but our Kiosk daily reconciliation report (working via SIP2 - that surprised me, I thought the kiosk software kept the payment log!) doesn't have that granularity of detail.

We've discussed options via MIS from the LMS (emaill out a daily report to the branches - OK, but a 'bolt on') or a SIP2 customization to feed an amended Kiosk report.

SIP2 seems not easy given what the kiosk software can currently support via SIP2, and  the work the LMS would need to put in if the kiosk could support it.

And we seem to be the only customer with our LMS/Self Service combination with this request to date, though I do hear rumours that something like it has been done elsewhere.

Has anyone else got this issue, or something like it? Have you discussed this with your Self Service and LMS suppliers?

All contributions gratefully received!

JU

John Usher
ICT Manager
Library and Heritage Services
Islington Council
Central Library
2 Fieldway Crescent
LONDON N5 1PF

Tel: 020 7527 6920
Mobile: 07825 098 223
Fax: 020 7527 6926
Alternative contact: Michelle Gannon - 020 7527 6907

www.islington.gov.uk

How to get to Central Library:  http://www.islington.gov.uk/Education/Libraries/Local/Central.asp

This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Please be aware that information in this email may be confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected.