Hiya

I am new to this group and was just wondering if anyone could help me with some questions. We at the Institution of Engineering and Technology library are looking at implementing an RFID system for our members to issue, return, renew, books themselves. We don’t get a huge amount of members in to borrow books like Public Libraries do, but we are looking at our options.

Can anyone let me know what supplier companies they contacted to discuss this option for their library and whether you feel it was worth doing or not (pros and cons). Any help would be much appreciated as I have to look at all options for this.

My email address is: [log in to unmask]

Many thanks

Hazel Jones

Senior Librarian, Document Supply,
Senior Content Editor

The IET

www.theiet.org

T:  +44 (0)207 344 5449

F:  +44 (0)207 344 8467

2 Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL, United Kingdom

i Information Security

Please do not  send credit/debit card details by email. The IET takes the security of your personal details and credit/debit card information very seriously and will not process card transactions sent by email.

The Institution of Engineering and Technology is registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No. 211014) and Scotland (No. SC038698). The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of the IET unless explicitly stated.