It may also be worth mentioning that since SIP has now been donated to NISO any enhancements being planned by RFID or LMS suppliers via that route will of necessity be in abeyance until NISO decide what to do with SIP and NCIP.

Bibliotheca (Intellident) and Capita have been among the more vocal supporters of the BIC Library Communications Framework (BLCF) as a more flexible means of developing integration between LMS and other third party apps (including RFID). Axiell, 3M, and 2CQR are also actively engaged with the project.

I am currently in discussions - on BIC's behalf - with other LMS and RFID providers to try and win wider support for this approach.

Mick

This email was generated by thumb-power. Please forgive errors.