Dear all,

As our discussions at the HER Forum yesterday touched once more on the use of social media, I thought you may be interested in the attached report (which some of you may have already seen) on the use of social media to promote the HMS Colossus Excavation.

Innes McCartney from Bournemouth University, who prepared the report, will also be giving a paper about this at the Digital Engagement in Archaeology: Strategies and Evaluation Methods conference at UCL in November

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/calendar/articles/20120628

All the best

Rachael

Rachael McMillan

Project Manager

Programmes and Maritime Designation team

Designation Department

English Heritage

1 Waterhouse Square

138-142 Holborn

London

EC1N 2ST

Tel: 020 7973 3135

Details of all nationally designated heritage assets in England, from buildings to battlefields, are now available online - search The National Heritage List for England

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Festival of History

Prepare for the ultimate historical adventure on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 July 2012, as over 2,000 re-enactors, costumed interpreters and performers bring the story of England to life over one action-packed weekend.

www.festivalofhistory.co.uk