Hello, I'd be very interested to hear of others' experiences with sign language interpreter support and how you address the issue of whether seminars/lectures require one or two interpreters. Particularly looking at the following questions;

Whether you use co-working at all?
If you do, how do you decide which classes warrant this approach?

In our experience it really is a case by case, class by class basis and can come down to guidance from the interpreters, along with working with departments to ensure breaks are factored in where possible. We've sometimes followed a 'rule' of less than 2 hours then single working is suggested, and we find some signers are more flexible to work alone than others too. If we have to use an agency they rarely would send more than one person.

Thanks, Daniel

Daniel Wasp
Support Work Coordinator
Disability & Dyslexia Team
University of Brighton
Manor House
Moulsecoomb Place
Lewes Road
Brighton
BN2 4GA

Telephone 01273 644114
*or 01273 643840 on Wednesdays and Thursdays
Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>