Apologies for the delay in responding, I've been away from internet access.

> Can you set ORAC_DATA_ROOT to a variable that includes a full path
> rather than a relative path?
I did that with the same results as my initial attempt.
ORAC-DR Says: Pre-starting mandatory monoliths...perl_ams94915
aborting, failed creating directory : Undefined error: 0

>>     Unable to locate a raw data directory. Please fix ORAC_DATA_IN.
>>
>>     ORAC Data Reduction Pipeline (ORAC-DR Version unknown)
>
> This "unknown" is because snow leopard doesn't come with git (lion does).
>
>>     Configured for instrument ACSIS
>>
>>     Type "oracdr -man" for usage
>>     Type 'showme sunXXX' to browse the hypertext documentation
>>
>>  Raw data will be read from raw/acsis/spectra/20120605
>>     !!!!!!!!!!!! but that directory does not exist !!!!!!!!!
>
> Do you think that directory does exist?
No.

  Cheers
     Larry

----
Starlink User Support list
For list configuration, including subscribing to and unsubscribing from the list, see
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=STARLINK