There seems to be a problem with the voting technology on this site – I had to vote for my chosen video about six times before it accepted my vote. It kept sending me back to the login/ signup page, and then back to the video pages and then back in a loop to the login page… With a bit of perseverance it finally worked!

Gabi

From: Open Educational Resources [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of C.A.Pegler
Sent: 27 June 2012 09:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: [OER] Why Open Matters video competition

Entries in the "Why Open Matters" competition now open for public voting.  (Until July 11th).

http://whyopenedmatters.org/videos/

You will need to login via Twitter, Facebook or Google to vote and note that this is one vote per person (and no cheating – that is in the rules). Sixty-One videos so this is quite a task to decide on just one, but they are all short (3 mins or less) and the quality is good and content is diverse.

As no video will  win more than one prize, if the winner of the Public Choice Award is the same as one of the videos chosen as first or second prize winner by the expert panel, then the next highest public vote winner will win the Public Choice Award.

Thanks to Daniel Villar Onrubia (Oxford) for pointing out that the voting had started.

Chris