From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mia
Sent: 24 June 2012 17:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: How do you increase digital knowledge within the museum sector?

I didn't expect to get caught up in definitional issues right at the start, but I guess some conversations don't automatically translate across platforms.  I suppose in general I was asking people how they learned (or have taught others) how, when and why to use different digital platforms in their museum work, whether internal- or public-facing.

Nick, thanks for sharing your research on attitudes and values towards digital in museums.  Do you have a sense of how many of the museum mission statements mentioned education?

Perry, I'm guessing there must be various pieces of research on how museums are using social media, the web, mobile apps, collections management systems, etc, but I don't know of any that cover the entire digital realm in museums across the UK.  If anyone does, please share the links!

Back in 2010 I did a survey on 'issues facing museum technologists', http://bit.ly/9Agg1J and it'd be interesting to see how things have or haven't changed.

Cheers, Mia

http://openobjects.org.uk/
http://twitter.com/mia_out