Apologies for cross-posting
**********************

Dear Colleagues
The abstract submission deadline of PANAF has been EXTENDED to 2 July 2012, Monday), following several requests of colleagues. You are cordially invited to submit abstracts to the meeting.

PANAF 2012 “Paleoseismology Along the North Anatolian Fault” (topics are not limited to NAF)
8-12 October, 2012
Istanbul Teknik Üniversitesi, Istanbul Turkey.

The meeting intents gathering earth scientists interested on the paleoseismicity and recent earthquake activity of the North Anatolian Fault and other major fault systems. We intent establishing a state of art for paleoseismic investigations along active fault systems, with particular interest to NAF and promote discussions to shape future projects. Besides, we will be commemorating the 100th year of the large 9 August 1912 Mürefte Earthquake (M 7.4), and present recent studies on the devastating event.

Click the click to download the second circular <http://www.panaf.itu.edu.tr/Belge.aspx?belgeId=10584>  of the meeting to read more about PANAF. Besides, here you can find a list of participating colleagues <http://www.panaf.itu.edu.tr/Icerik.aspx?sid=11187> .

You are cordially invited to visit the PANAF 2012 web site (www.panaf.itu.edu.tr) and to consider submitting articles. Abstract submission is still open and the deadline is 2 July 2012.
We are looking forward to meet you in Istanbul,
Best wishes,
On behalf of the organising committee,

M. Ersen AKSOY,
PANAF 2012: www.panaf.itu.edu.tr

PS: Please think of forwarding this e-mail to colleagues of yours. The meeting poster can be  <http://www.panaf.itu.edu.tr/Belge.aspx?belgeId=10493> downloaded from the meeting website if you like to hang it at your institution; we would value your contribution.

M. Ersen AKSOY
Post-Doc
Instituto Dom Luiz

Universidade de Lisboa

Campo Grande, Edif. C8, piso 3.
1749-016 Lisboa
Portugal
Tel: +351 (21) 7500000 x 28305
e-mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

web:  <http://www.idl.ul.pt/ersen.htm> http://www.idl.ul.pt/ersen.htm

Assist. Pof.
Jeoloji Muh. Bol.

Muhendislik Fakultesi

Mugla Universitesi

Kotekli - 48000

Turkiye

Tel: +90 (252) 211 5060

e-posta:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

 <http://www.mu.edu.tr/> www.mu.edu.tr