Dear Colleagues,

About 6 months ago, we set up a new blog written by researchers, which offers often light-hearted insights into academia and the scientific process.  The perspectives are offered from a large, multidisciplinary, UK translational research centre in the public health field: Fuse.  Our thoughts are aimed at both the academic community and policy and practice.  I hope you will find the blog of interest.  Do leave comments if you wish to participate in debates.  We are also keen to recruit guest bloggers from the public health field nationally and internationally - do contact us if you would be interested.  The blog can be found here:

http://fuseopenscienceblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Best wishes,

Martin...

Martin White MD FFPH
Professor of Public Health, Institute of Health & Society, Newcastle University
Director, Fuse - UKCRC Centre for Translational Research in Public Health
www.ncl.ac.uk/ihs
www.fuse.ac.uk

Chair of the UK Society of Social Medicine - Next Annual Scientific Meeting: London, 12-14 September 2012 - www.socsocmed.org.uk