From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gudge, Teresa
Sent: 28 June 2012 14:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] FW: Which DPA para actually states you cannot look at your own data

Sorry – I seem to have confused – I don’t want to put in an SAR – I want to refer to the DPA specifically when there are cases of users of a system viewing their own records.

I firmly believe it is a Section 55 (as Simon has stated) but others think I am a little harsh – but I do think this is the paragraph which relates to the breach.

Thanks to all for your views

Teresa Gudge

Think before emailing - would a conversation be better?

One in four of us experiences a mental health problem. Become a member of our Trust and help influence how we shape mental health services.

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]