Hi, I agree with Tania as going about glumes.
Some characters of the new type can be seen in other wheats, I suppose
it is connected with some stage of ripeness or even with some
environmental conditions (for example periods of drought?).
Additionally glumed wheats were most probably cultivated as mixtures,
like "zanduri".
Hope to meet you next year in Greece
Aldona

--