Dear all,
I have some fish vertebrae from a roman settlement (Ist Century AD) and I don´t have much experience on fish osteology.. . The context of this remains is the sedimentation of a water tank (type "a bagnarola"), in a roman site of Southern Spain very far from the coast. I wonder if this represents an evidence of maintenance form of living fishes for consumption (in the case of freshwater fishes), like in aquarium or something else...

I have uploaded one photo to zoobook; if anyone can tell me something of order, family, maybe genus?

http://zooarchaeology.ning.com/photo/fish-vertebrae

Any idea? Many thanks in advance!

Rafa

Rafael María Martínez Sánchez