That is correct the NMC is set up by Westminster  Parliament to protect the public and does not protect us-so why do we pay
Police/firemen/drs  do not pay directly to fund government decisions.So why us?
Lynda

-----Original Message-----
From: Naylor, Sharon [HMPS] [HMPS] <[log in to unmask]>
To: OCC-HEALTH <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, 24 May 2012 9:33
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] NMC to consult on fee increase

I had a conversation recently with someone who stated that I should be mindful of the fact that the NMC`s primary concern is to protect the interests of the public, and therefore  not primarily the interests of nurses. I`m not sure whether this view is right, but if you do take that as a starting point then it does become clearer why they are hiking the cost of registration. Not that  I agree with it by the way, just saying....