I can see where you are coming from, my personal preference meeting my own
learning style is face-to-face teaching. However,  some on-line courses are
very good particularly those which include an assessment and a certification
process.

As I am both the admissions tutor and assessments officer for the London
South Bank University Workplace Health Management and SCPHN courses I have
to demonstrate that I have undertaken equality and diversity training. Diana
Kloss is a visiting professor in our department and I have therefore
attended a number of her lectures which encompass compliance with Equality
Act. I thought that would be sufficient in preparation for our NMC review
earlier this year. The university insisted I did the universityıs electronic
training and did the associated assessment. The university training  was
generally interesting, a few bits that were not totally accurate in relation
to pre-employment health assessment.(I must point out that  Dianaıs lectures
were actually much better!)

Anne

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: