The Migraine Clinic has a really useful website, IMHO... Factsheets are available from the webite.

http://www.migraineclinic.org.uk/

S :-)

Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 09:04:01 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] migraine
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi folks,

I have a 58 year old senior scientist who recently has started to get migraines.  These occur at least once a week sometimes more, but he states it is the after effect that is impacting on his work.  He spends most of his time at a computer and has to attend lectures usually delivered by PowerPoint, which he thinks tend to be the trigger.  He does not get them when on annual leave, so clearly it seems to stem from something at work.

He has been seen by neurologists and has had a number of tests including an MRI which were all negative.

I am off later to do a workplace assessment, but if anyone has any information that might help I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Sue

Sue Mann
Occupational Health Manager