We tend to give both 5 years after response to primary course has been
confirmed via serology (except after weak response followed by immediate
booster when it is given 5 years after booster as you don't recheck bloods).

Regards,

Carr
On May 23, 2012 11:32 PM, "Diane Romano-Woodward" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Engerix B
>
> The advice in the Green Book states that:  individuals at continuing risk
> of infection should be offered a single booster dose of the vaccine
> approximately five years after the primary vaccination course.
>

> What is general practice with regards to the 5 year booster if you give
> an accelerated course with a 4th dose at 12 months.
>
> Is it given 5 years after  the start of the primary course or 5 years
> after the end of the primary course, as there is a year's difference?
>
> The Green Book is vague..
>
> Cheers
> Diane
>  ******************************** Please remove this footer before