Dear All,

We have had a few incidences of unwanted messages (spam) on the list
today. To rectify this problem I have  changed the list configuration
so that when you send a message you will be asked to confirm that you
did send the message. This should eliminate the automatically
generated spam we are receiving. The procedure is as follows -

When the "Confirm" option is enabled, the sender is required to
confirm the posting. When LISTSERV receives mail for the list, it
sends an email to the sender requesting a confirmation. The
confirmation can be accomplished by replying to the confirmation with
another email containing the text "OK" (the subject of the
confirmation email contains a validation "cookie") or by clicking on
the confirmation URL provided in the email.

I'll be monitoring the arrangement to ensure it works. Apologies for
the inconvenience - hopefully it will only be minor.

Peter (managing co-owner - mining-history)

Dr Peter Claughton,
Blaenpant Morfil, nr. Rosebush, Clynderwen, Pembrokeshire, Wales  SA66 7RE.
Tel. +44 (0)1437 532578; Fax. +44 (0)1437 532921; Mobile +44 (0)7831 427599

Hon. University Fellow - College of Humanities, University of Exeter
http://people.exeter.ac.uk/pfclaugh/about.htm
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Co-owner - mining-history e-mail discussion list.
See http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/mining-history/  for details.

Mining History Pages - http://www.people.exeter.ac.uk/pfclaugh/mhinf/

If you need to leave the list, send the following message to [log in to unmask] -

leave mining-history
---------