Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 22:00:21 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] Last Judgement query
To: [log in to unmask]

Fellow Listmembers,

I have been reading about the Man of Sorrows image in the late Middle Ages and have been coming across two concepts that seem, to my eschatologically challenged eye, somewhat contradictory, and I wonder if anyone can square this circle for me.  On the one hand,
 Christ showing his wounds is equated with the Judge at the Last Judgement.  And on the other, Christ, on behalf of mankind, intercedes with the Father while showing his wounds.  How can one characterize Christ as both judge and intercessor?  And who is ultimately
 responsible for judgement - God the Son, or God the Father?  Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]