From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture on behalf of Volker Schier
Sent: Sun 5/6/2012 13:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] Symposium Books Changing Hands in Wolfenbüttel

Dear colleagues,
The Herzog August Bibliothek in Wolfenbüttel is hosting the
interdisciplinary symposium Books Changing Hands, June 20-22, 2012,
organized by Volker Schier and Corine Schleif. Other participants
include Patrizia Carmassi, Madeline Caviness, Nancy van Deusen, William
Diebold, Matthias Eifler, Barbara Haggh-Huglo, Judith Oliver, Bruno
Reudenbach, Kathryn Rudy, Thomas Schilp, Gabriela Signori, and Alison
Stones. The following themes will be discussed: perpetual presentation -
books handed on/over; continuing memory - hands at work in books; signs
of possession - a book in hand; traces of hands in books. The program is
posted at
http://www.hab.de/kalender/wissveranst/Manuscripts_Changing_Hands.pdf .
Volker Schier

to: [log in to unmask]