BTW Zetcom's MuseumPlus also works with Oracle (in fact this seems to be
the more common deployment), though the Ashmolean's installation of
MuseumPlus (version 5.5) is running on Microsoft SQL Server.

At the Ashmolean we have a series of extraction and import processes which
export object data from the underlying MuseumPlus SQL Server database, then
import it into a MySQL database connected to an implementation of
Keepthinking's CMS for delivery of collections information online (at least
for these sites, currently: http://jameelcentre.ashmolean.org and
http://ruskin.ashmolean.org ), though we're not (yet) using the current
version of Keepthinking's Qi system.

Hope this helps!

Paul

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Cristiano Bianchi <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From experience from working with them, Mimsy XG works with Oracle, Museum+
> with SQL Server and TMS with both, as far as I can tell. Our own Qi has
> been developed on open source databases, currently MySQL and PostgreSQL
> (and tested with Virtuoso). From the end of July, it will be usable with MS
> SQL and Oracle natively and others over ODBC.
> http://www.keepthinking.it/qi/
>
> Best, Cristiano
>

> On 8 May 2012 23:40, Arran Bevington-King <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am attempting a little research to look at the different types of
> > database in use within existing collections management systems.
> >
> > for example:
> >
> > Adlib           -     MS-SQL Server, Oracle or Adlib DBMS database
> > MODES     -     XML
> >
> > Having looked at several websites for the individual manufacturers, they
> > do not all present this information.
> >
> > So, before I embark on an email quest to seek this information I was
> > curious to know if there is anyone here that may be able to assist me?
> >
> > Thank you
> > Arran
> >
> > ****************************************************************
> >       website:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/
> >       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
> >      Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup
> >  [un]subscribe:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/
> > ****************************************************************
> >

> --
> --
>
> Cristiano Bianchi
> Keepthinking
>
> Third Floor
> 43 Clerkenwell Road
> London EC1M 5RS

>       website:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/
>       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
>      Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup
>  [un]subscribe:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/

Paul Groves
Project Manager
*Eastern Art Online: Yousef Jameel Centre for Islamic and Asian Art*

Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology
University of Oxford
Beaumont Street
Oxford OX1 2PH

W: jameelcentre.ashmolean.org

E: [log in to unmask]
T: +44 (0)1865 278 289

Skype: pgroves999
Twitter: http://twitter.com/paul_gr0ves
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/pgroves

Open:                     Tuesday–Sunday 10–6 (closed on Mondays)
Information:      T:  +44(0)1865 278 000 / W: www.ashmolean.org

For disclaimer see http://www.ashmolean.org/email/

*Save Manet for the Public*

Edouard Manet’s *Portrait of Mademoiselle Claus***

 On display at the Ashmolean until August 2012

Show your support for the Museum’s campaign to save the painting by signing
our petition or making a gift online: *www.ashmolean.org/manet*

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg