Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that registration for OR2012 workshops on
Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th July is now open and available at
www.or2012.eventbrite.com. Please note that the workshops are free but
you will need the EDN number from your receipt from ePay registration
system (http://or2012.ed.ac.uk/registration/ ) to register for the
workshops.

Accommodation is booked separately -
http://or2012.ed.ac.uk/delegates/accommodation/

The early booking rate of £295 has been extended until 11 June 2012 with
a full-price rate of £350 thereafter. There is also a day rate of £115.

We are also please to announce that Dr Cameron Neylon, recently
appointed Director of Advocacy at the Public Library of Science (PLoS)
will provide the opening keynote for OR2012. Cameron is well known in
the scientific community, recognized for his professionalism,
experience, vision and influence in scholarly publishing, communication,
and research. His attendance at the Budapest Open Access Initiative
meeting, advisory role for the Scholarly Communication in Africa
Program, and leadership of the Open Society Foundation funded Beyond
Impact project are recent examples of his focus on web technology to
enhance research communication. After earning his PhD in Chemistry from
Australian National University, Cameron worked as a Wellcome Trust
International Fellow at the University of Bath; a lecturer in chemical
biology at the University of Southampton; and most recently a senior
scientist at the Science and Technology Facilities Council, UK. He has
also served as an academic editor for PLoS ONE—one of many commitments
he will transition prior to joining PLoS in early July 2012.

An updated version of the programme (http://or2012.ed.ac.uk/programme/)
including User Group Session details will be announced early next week.

Additional information about the conference is provided on the OR2012
website - http://or2012.ed.ac.uk/

We look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh for OR2012.

Best,
Stuart Macdonald
On behalf of OR2012 Organising Committee

--
Stuart Macdonald
EDINA&  Data Library, University of Edinburgh

0131 650 3304 (Tu&  Th)
0131 651 1744 (M, W, F)

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.