Question: what is the norm?

I believe the norm is that research papers are multi-authored,
multi-institutional, and a statistically significant quantity of them
are international (institutions in different countries.)

Laudable as a focus on the UK is, is this not a narrow focus on a larger
field?

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.