Are you a young photographer in Greater Manchester?  Do you work in analogue (that’s film, not digital!)?  Are you inspired by protest in all its forms – large or small, peaceful or confrontational, creative or absurd?

Enter our Protest Photography Competition!  Win prizes kindly donated by Lomography Manchester and the chance to have your work displayed at the museum.  The closing date is Thursday 10 May at 5.00pm.

Winners of the competition will be announced at our special Protest Photography Evening Event on Friday 18 May, 6.00pm – 8.00pm.  All are welcome to this special late night opening to celebrate Museums at Night 2012.  Come along and explore the museum, have a drink and meet special guest, photographer Charlie Meecham;

·         Delve into the museum’s archive and see some of our 70,000 photographs documenting the history of working people and the labour movement.

·         Be inspired by our exciting demonstration from Lomography Manchester and learn all about the art of analogue photography.

·         Celebrate the work of young photographers in Greater Manchester as we announce the winner of our Protest Photography Competition and admire the work if the talent of the future.

Lomography Manchester will also be running a workshop at the museum to tie in with a Living History performance this weekend on Saturday 5 May.  This will include lend of a camera, one roll of film and 10% off film processing.

We hope to see you at this exciting event – do feel free to forward to anyone who may be interested in entering.

Find out more about our Protest Photography Competition & Evening Event.

Many thanks in advance!

Catherine

Catherine O’Donnell

Learning Officer

***

Enter our Protest Photography Competition for young people in Greater Manchester, closing date Thursday 10 May 2012.

Interested in protest photography? Come along to our Protest Photography Evening on Friday 18 May 2012.

Come and see our new Changing Exhibition ‘Picturing Politics - Exploring the Political Poster in Britain’. On show 12 November 2011 to 17 June 2012.

The new People’s History Museum is now open.  Come and visit every day from 10.00am to 5.00pm.

Looking for a genuinely inspirational venue for a meeting, event or conference? www.phm.org.uk/about-us/venue-hire/

People’s History Museum
Left Bank

Spinningfields

Manchester M3 3ER

Tel: + 44 (0)161 838 9190

www.phm.org.uk

twitter.com/phmmcr

facebook.com/phmmcr

Registered as National Museum of Labour History

in England no. 2041438. Registered charity no. 295260

This e-mail from the People's History Museum is directed only to its intended recipient. The contents are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please do not read the contents of this e-mail or print, re-transmit, store or otherwise circulate, use or act upon its contents or any attachment and inform the sender.