In actual fact, the best thing to do would be to perform a fixed
effects 2nd level analysis on each subject's connectivity data to
calculate the difference between sessions for each subject. The cope
images from such an analysis would represent the change in
connectivity from session 1 to session 2, and could then be entered
into a randomise group analysis. This would have the advantage of
using the varcopes from the 1st level connectivity analysis.

-Tom