Agreed, I assumed the electronic version was for screen display rather
than printing.

If you want a PDF without having the software,  www.dopdf.com provides
a free printer driver (just download, install by double-clicking on the
downloaded file) so in PowerPoint you can then do File / Print and
select PDF as an option. And THAT can be freely converted to jpg by
going to www.zamzar.com which does free online conversions between a
huge number of formats. There's many ways. . .

Best wishes,
Mark.