Meanwhile, people here for less than 1or 3 years do need to know how to call emergency services: I read this week 'After 4 months, she had managed to learn enough English to call 999 and plead with the police for help.' Thankfully, asylum seeker, refugee and other voluntary groups are doing good work.
And the EIF has helped. Isabel Arnold