I know that Industrial Human Activity has a strong tendency, as it is practised, to alter the habitat in ways that result more toxic materials cast about in the environment and results in a degradation of the habitat, and of many species within that habitat which are precisely adapted to it in  ways that increase natural biodiversity and fecundity - I think it is vitally important to be precise about exactly what activity damages the environment and how it does this and with that, the psychological basis for that activity has to taken into account, for there is no correlation in any known natural behaviours, (which tend to increase fecundity in the environment) to suggest that our Industrial behaviour is anything but dysfunctional.

Why are we not discussing HOW we can increase overall fecundity, for all life, with our processes of Industry? It's certainly technically possible. It seems that too much of the discourse is about how we can might lose our 'western standard of living' : cars, shopping, comforts, etc which functions as a red herring.

I don't take the view that use of fossil fuel ALONE is the key issue, or that addressing it by manufacturing cars that run on 'eco-fuels' is a solution (because it doesn't address the psychology of our Society, and is in and of itself another form of denial).

The problem is the core psychology of Industrial Society itself,  especially for those in Power,and that question is studiously ignored. Even here some fear to explore this area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xVuHo_VabE

I also have grave reservations about solutions that do not deal with WAR as a tool of statist policy, as war causes far more damage, especially to poor people and aboriginal peoples, than environmental damage is causing - it has to be said that any attempts at change without addressing the WAR issue are bound to fail in the long term. And would look like a serious sleight of hand to those on the receiving end of WAR.... would you trust those who make WAR when they claim to want to reduce the ecological foot print of Industrial Society whilst at the same time use drones to drop bombs on people you know?

I think the 'movement' has been unwilling to engage the psychology of our society as a key to understanding and then resolving the issues...  because it means a DIRECT CONFRONTATION WITH THE TRUTH of the situation and with the POWER OF POWER, which scares people....  well that's just too bad, the children of the next few generations will not thank us for our unwillingness in this regard.

It's time for all of us to 'man up' and face this honestly.

It's a spurious argument to compare 'denialisms' in a culture based upon denial.

Kindest regards

Corneilius

www.dwylcorneilius.blogspot.com

"do what you love it's your gift to the universe!"