Senior Scientist

X-Ray Crystallographer within our Structural Biology Department

Salary: £26,000 - £39,000 + benefits

Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Full time; Permanent or Temporary

Must be eligible to work in UK

Evotec (UK) Ltd is currently seeking an X-Ray Crystallographer for our Structural Biology Department based in Oxfordshire. X-Ray Crystallography works closely with our Discovery Chemistry Department and with clients to develop novel small molecule drugs.  The group is at the forefront of new science and technology, and is seeking to expand as business need grows.

The successful candidates will be part of the Structural Biology group responsible for expression, purification, crystallisation and structure determination of proteins and protein-ligand complexes. Knowledge of state of the art crystallographic methods is a must, along with skills in molecular biology and protein purification. Expertise in protein-ligand complex crystallisation problems would be an advantage though not essential.

You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be a strong team player. Dynamic and innovative, you will be a self-starter with a flexible approach who enjoys a challenge.

You will be PhD qualified or equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Biophysics, with experience in protein X-ray crystallography. Candidates will also be considered who have a Masters degree with extensive experience or equivalent.

We offer competitive salaries plus extensive benefits including annual bonus, pension plan, private medical and dental cover.

If you feel that your skills and experience match what we are looking for, please apply via the website: http://www.evotec.com

Evotec (UK) Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registration number:2674265. Registered office: 114 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SA, United Kingdom.