Re painting:

1. A very cool looking guy

2. Could that be his Mayoral chain, seeing that the pendant has what looks like an African mask?

3. Will try to point out the factual error in the article heading; John Archer - Britain’s First Black Mayor.
We know know that that accolade belongs to: Dr Allan Glaisyer Minns (1858 – 1930) - he was elected Mayor of Thetford, Norfolk in 1904.

Kwaku

Institute of Commonwealth Studies, in conjunction with the Black & Asian Studies Association, present Black and Asian Britain seminars: African, Not Black History: Arguments for “African” on Tuesday May 29 2012, 6-7.30pm at  Senate House (room tbc), University of London . “Black” in Britain used to be a “political colour of alliances”, but now whom does it represent? Should we not use “African”? Kwaku, a history consultant and community activist, will focus on the issue of African identity. Presentation is preceded by the screening of the short-ish version of ‘The African Or Black Question’ guerilla documentary and ends with a Q&A. Free: www.TAOBQ.eventbrite.com

British Black Music Month (BBMM) 2012, the BritishBlackMusic.com/Black Music Congress (BBM/BMC) annual initiative since 2006  that highlights domestic black music and industry issues in June to mid-July, launches on Thursday May 31 2012, 6.00pm-8.30pm at Westminster City Hall. It consists of a debate entitled British Black Music: How Far Have We Come? which is preceded by the screening of a presentation by BMM/BMC founder Kwaku taking into context this year’s sub-themes - the 10th anniversary of BBM/BMCJamaica & Trinidad @ 50, Marcus Garvey @ 100 and Samuel Coleridge-Taylor @ 100, plus highlighting 10 years of BTWSC and BBM/BMC. In association with WSDG. Free: www.BBM.eventbrite.com