The Collections & Archives department at Blind Veterans UK (formerly St Dunstan’s) is currently looking for a part-time volunteer. This is an unpaid position, but expenses will be covered. Hours are flexible and to be mutually agreed. Tasks will include data entry onto a database and some basic research work, such as the identification of figures in photographs. These will be carried out with guidance and support from the Collections & Archives Officer, who is a professional archivist.

I must stress that this position is not intended specifically for those seeking experience in archives work. Instead, it is aimed at those who have some spare time and would like to help with the work of a charity. However, it is also the case that we certainly wouldn’t want to exclude those who do have a particular knowledge of or enthusiasm about archives, so I wanted to bring it to the attention of the list. If anybody is potentially interested, or knows somebody who might be, please see http://www.blindveterans.org.uk/how-you-can-help/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/ for further details and to register your interest.

Best wishes

Rob

Rob Baker
Collections & Archives Officer

T: 020 7616 7933
A: 12-14 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4HD
E: [log in to unmask]
Blind Veterans UK (formerly St Dunstan's)
www.blindveterans.org.uk
Want to be Inspired? Sign up to our monthly Community Fundraising newsletter.  Subscribe here and you'll receive news of fundraising events and new initiatives.  You could even star in Inspire!  Tell us about your Blind Veterans UK fundraising and we may feature you in an upcoming edition.