You may have seen our recent press release regarding plans for a new postal museum in the heart of London, near the historic Mount Pleasant Sorting Office. The aim is to open the new site in 2014.

As part of our current planning for the new museum we are investigating the potential benefits of a dedicated suite of equipment for the digitisation of objects and documents in our collections. A key process in our investigation is an assessment of the sustainability of such a facility. One of the questions we need to answer is whether or not it is feasible to offer digitisation services to external clients and partners.

To this end, I’ve created a short online survey to gather data on the kinds of digitisation services which might be useful to other heritage/cultural organisations, particularly those in and around London. I’d be extremely grateful if you could spend a few minutes completing it for us.

All data will be handled confidentially and you can choose to submit the survey response anonymously. You can find the survey here.

Martin Devereux

Digital Content Development Manager

T 020 7239 2481

F 020 7239 2576

The British Postal Museum & Archive (BPMA)

Freeling House, Phoenix Place, London WC1X 0DL

www.postalheritage.org.uk

***Find out what The British Postal Museum & Archive is doing right now – follow us on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/postalheritage***

British postal communications helped to shape the modern world. The British Postal Museum & Archive works to make this human story of communication, industry and innovation accessible to everyone.

The BPMA is the public identity of the Postal Heritage Trust.

Registered as a charity in England and Wales.
Registered Charity Number 1102360
Company Number 4896056