Dear colleagues

We are in the process on building up a collection of archive texts in our library for those students who are interested in the theory and management of archives.  While I have a good list of the usual suspects, it would be valuable to get some ideas from you all as to what should be included….?  While we don’t teach any formal archive theory here, I run skills and introductory sessions on the concept of archives, what they are and what they can be used for. There is a growing interest in these conceptual issues, particularly as a point of stimulus for our arts students, and I am also keen to ensure that we cover practical issues such as handling, palaeography etc.

Any ideas gratefully received!

With best wishes

Sarah

Sarah C Jane MA RMARA

Archivist and Special Collections Officer

Follow us on Twitter @FXArchives – going live Monday 28 May!

University College Falmouth and University of Exeter Cornwall Campus

Tremough

Penryn

Cornwall

TR10 9EZ

01326 254303

07789745530

www.falmouth.ac.uk/archives

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please inform us immediately and then delete it. Unless it specifically states otherwise this email does not form part of a contract.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of University College Falmouth. You should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. University College Falmouth accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses