teach, but do sometimes give papers at conferences.   I do publish (see
Bio below). I am an archaeologist and historian specializing in
prehistoric and mediaeval saltmaking.

     Anything I can do to further the cause of Education is a plus for
me.  Am I eligble to participate?

Beatrice Hopkinson
Hon. Secretary Los Angeles Branch, Oxford University Society,
Board, American Institute of Archaeology,
President, Droitwich Brine Springs and Archaeological Trust (DBSAT)
Affiliate Cotsen Institute UCLA

BIO
Beatrice Hopkinson (2012) Experiments To Determine the Function of the
Bevel-Rim Bowls of Mesopotamia (Briquetage) :  A New Paradigm for Bronze
and Iron Age Evidence of Saltmaking.
(in preparation).

Beatrice Hopkinson (2009) Experiments with Briquetage:  a new Hypothesis
for the 4th mbc. Beveled Rim Bowls of Mesopotamia, (forthcoming monograph
and web site in preparation).

Beatrice Hopkinson (2012) Experiments to Determine Function of the Bevel
Rim Bowls of
Mesopotamia:  Their Relationship to Briquetag.

Beatrice Hopkinson (2008 Function of Briquetage, Archaeological and
Chemical Evidence Affecting Fabrication for Draining v. 'Boiling', Salt
Archaeology in China, vol.3. (in review)

Beatrice Hopkinson and Giorgio Buccellati (2007) Quraya Tall, Reallexikon
der Assyriologie und Vorderasiastischen Archaeologie, E. Ebeling and B.
Meissner

Beatrice Hopkinson (2004) A New Paradigm for the Beveled Rim Bowls of
Mesopotamia 4000-3000 B.C., Archaeologia Pre-Si Protoistorica A Sarii,
L'Archaeologie Pre-Et Protohistorique Du Sel, Muzeul de Istorie Si
Archeologie, piatra-Neamt, Colocviul International, Roumania, C109-110.

Beatrice Hopkinson (2002) Reading Between the Lines: the Textual Evidence
and Chemical Nature of Salt Production, Thesis, Wissenschaftliche
Zeitschrift der Bauhause-Universitat, Weimar, vol. 4/5:264-270.

Beatrice Hopkinson (1994) Salt and the Domesday Salinae at Droitwich,
 AD 674-1690: A Quantitative Analysis, Droitwich Brine Springs and
Archaeological Trust with Worcestershire Archaeological Society.

B.Hopkinson (1984), Industrial Heritage, Yorkshire Dales Railway Museum
Trust, Winter 1984).

Beatrice Hopkinson (1979) The Ancient Salt Industry and Lost Upwich Pit
at Droitwich, Council for British Archaeology, Group 8, No.22, Birmingham
University.

Beatrice Hopkinson (1975), Archaeological Evidence of Saltmolding at
Important European Saltsites and its Relationship to the Distribution of
Urnfielders, J. Indo-European Studies, vol.3,1: 1-53.
Beatrice Hopkinson (1966?) Mankind Magazine

>Freelance Opportunity

Educational Testing Service (ETS) is recruiting academics to provide
>authentic-sounding academic lectures on topics appropriate for first-year
>university students. Lecturers record themselves speaking for 5 to 10
>minutes on topics from various academic fields. The lecturer can be a
>professor or an advanced postgraduate student (i.e: ABD) with teaching
>experience.

Payment

ETS pays $250 USD for every accepted lecture.

Background

The lectures will serve as a basis to prepare scripts for the Listening
>Comprehension section of the TOEFL iBT test (Test of English as a Foreign
>Language). The purpose of the TOEFL test is to provide a measure of the
>academic English language ability of non-native English speakers who wish
>to study at an English-speaking university. Accordingly, the language in
>the TOEFL test needs to be representative of academic language. In the
>Listening Comprehension part of TOEFL, for example, we ask test takers to
>listen to excerpts of academic lectures and then answer questions about
>those lectures. To help us create authentic materials, we have professors
>record themselves talking on subjects in their fields of expertise then we
>use the transcripts as a basis for our lecture scripts.

How to Get Involved

Please send your CV and all relevant teaching syllabi to Elizabeth Jenner
>at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by EOD Sunday, 6 May, 2012. It
>may take our team up to 4 weeks to respond after we receive your information.

Thank you for your interest in working with ETS!