From: A discussion and announcement list for the Mass-Observation community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rachel Hurdley
Sent: 19 April 2012 11:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MASSOBS] Mass Observation on Radio 4

This message has been sent through the MASSOBS discussion list. Remember, clicking 'reply' sends your message to the list. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- It was a wonderful surprise to  hear it - does anyone know when the next one is? I got the idea it was part of a little series.

Best wishes
Rachel

Dr Rachel Hurdley
Leverhulme Early Career Fellow
Cardiff University School of Social Sciences
Glamorgan Building, King Edward VII Avenue,
Cardiff, CF10 3WT
Wales, U.K.

Tel +44 (0)29 20875069

Sent by:        A discussion and announcement list for the Mass-Observation community <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
________________________________

This message has been sent through the MASSOBS discussion list.
Remember, clicking 'reply' sends your message to the list.

I enjoyed it too (along with my tea and toast). I particularly liked the quotation from the woman who rushed to her desk to write for M-O rather than walloping her children, and the man's comments on toodle-oo etc. Claire was wonderful - thoughtful and reflective.

Penny Summerfield, FRHistS, AcSS
Professor of Modern History
Room S 2 19, Samuel Alexander Building
University of Manchester M13 9PL
0161 275 3117
This message has been sent through the MASSOBS discussion list.
Remember, clicking 'reply' sends your message to the list.

Yes, it was an excellent piece, nicely detailed and giving plenty of time to both the original project and to Claire Langhamer's interesting thoughts on it today. It got my day off to an excellent start!

Best wishes

--
Dr Lucy Noakes
Honorary Secretary, Social History Society Course Leader: BA (Hons) Humanities: War, Conflict and Modernity School of Humanities University of Brighton