I've encountered the same problem. I use this double triangle graphic
as a talking point with the public.

Left bar on the cover slide of this presentation, or slide 11:
<http://www.slideshare.net/umhealthscienceslibraries/systematic-review-teams-processes-experiences>

Page 2 of this PDF:
<http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/pro/courses/ChainOfTrustLoEVert2.pdf>
from
<http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/pro/courses/>

The image tries to put the levels of evidence in the context of
information available to the general public.

There was also a truly inspired piece on evidence-based methodologies
written a few years ago for the New York Times by Jane E. Brody. She
did an excellent job of explaining the concepts and process in lay
terms for the general public. I'm having trouble finding it. I think
it was about five years ago?

 - Patricia

--
Patricia Anderson, [log in to unmask]