Dear All,

The NWBRForum has now been running since October 2008.  We have held 13 events all of which have been offered for free to delegates from the region.  We've had over 1,200 people attend our events and overall the feedback has been extremely positive.  However, without your support we wouldn't have been so successful, so we'd like to thank you.

However, without a Steering Group, none of this could have happened.  Since the start, the Steering Group has been made up of 7 individuals from a range of backgrounds and organisations.  Due to work pressures, two members have unfortunately announced that they are to resign.  The existing five members would like to thank them for all their assistance since our inception.

As a result, we are looking to recruit up to four new Steering Group members from a variety of backgrounds.  We are seeking positive and well connected individuals who can spare their time and enthusiastism to propose topics, find speakers, and help take responsibility to organise and promote events.  In addition, since funding is the current issue preventing more events, we'd like people who may be able to help seek fundraising and sponsorship opportunities for venues and refreshments.  As a totally voluntary organisation, we unfortunately cannot pay for any time or expenses.

We are also keen to hear from people who would be able to offer large capacity (especially for 80+ persons) free venues on a regular basis, such as town halls, lecture theatres or other meeting rooms able to operate in theatre layouts.

We want to ensure that our events are a success and that no attendees feel pressurised by "hard sell".  As a result, we normally don't allow merchandising information or allow people to "sell" the affiliations of any Steering Group members or to those who may be able to offer a venue.  A "vote of thanks" will, of course, be given though as we have done in the past.

If you are able to help, please respond to this message and include:
Thank you for your continued interest and support in the NWBRForum.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind Regards

The NWBRForum Steering Committee