Hello everyone,

  I am running Ubuntu, version 10.04 LTS on a 64-bit AMD processor-based computer.

  I installed the compiler in directory /usr/gcc-4.7 and installed the files in gcc-infrastructure in /usr/lib64; and I have updated the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to reflect this.

  I have downloaded and installed gfortran version 4.7.1. I build a simple program and receive the following error message:

./a.out: /usr/lib64/libgfortran.so.3: version `GFORTRAN_1.4' not found (required by ./a.out)

What do I need to do to get this to run?

Thanks for your assistance.

Norm Clerman