Dear colleagues

** With apologies for cross-posting **

NatCen Social Research, Sage and the Oxford Internet Institute will be launching our new network for methodological innovation at the end of May. The network will explore whether social science researchers should embrace social media and, if we do, what the implications are for our methods and practice? We know that social media tools are increasingly being used in social science research. The nature of these tools means that it is a fast changing environment, with new practice emerging all the time. Despite this, there is limited interaction of practitioners or synthesis of these methods; there are also few opportunities to reflect on the implications of social media tools for research participants, methods and ethics. Our network of methodological innovation will bring together academics, researchers and research stakeholders from all sectors. The aim is to develop a community of practice with members drawn from the cutting-edge of academia, market research and applied social research.

Our community will be launched with a 1-day conference at the end of May 2012 with four further knowledge exchange e-events and a closing event across the next 12 months. We are hoping to live stream our events to enable the participation of network members from across the UK and internationally. We will build a collaborative online platforms to co-create think pieces, blogs, practitioner guides and develop lively discussion forums.

To join the network you can email me directly, or follow this link to read more before signing up: http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/research/NMI/2012/socialmedia.php

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kandy Woodfield
Head of Learning and Development

Direct line: 0207 549 9553

Find out about our latest courses and events.  http://www.natcen.ac.uk/events-and-training

Visit our website.                   www.natcen.ac.uk
Read our latest blog.                natcenblog.blogspot.com
Follow us                            @natcen

NatCen Social Research
35 Northampton Square                T. 020 7250 1866
London EC1V 0AX                      E. [log in to unmask]

Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 4392418. A Charity registered in England and Wales (1091768) and in Scotland (SC038454)

Confidentiality: The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and may include some that is legally privileged. It must not be disclosed to or used by persons other than the intended recipient. If received in error, please notify us immediately and then delete this document.
Content: Any views or opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of NatCen Social Research. Please note the content of this e-mail may be intercepted, monitored or recorded for compliance purposes. Sensitive personal data should not normally be transmitted by e-mail.
Copyright: Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments created by NatCen Social Research belong to NatCen Social Research unless otherwise stated.
Care: NatCen Social Research shall not be liable to the recipient or any third party for any loss or damage howsoever arising from this e-mail and/or its content, including loss or damage caused by virus. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure the opening or use of this message and any attachments shall not adversely affect systems or data.

SIGNOFF allstat