Thanks for that link -

Interestingly, my mother's family were all mountain peasants from what is now the nation of Croatia (who immigrated to the USA before WWI and kind of thought of themselves as Austrian-Croatian before erasing that for Croatian-American).

I did one of those 'at home' mitochondrial DNA tests a few years ago and the DNA did seem to go to from Africa to Southern Europe via Central Asia.

But would be interesting to the process by which this history was culturally re-invented!

Best,

Suzanne

Suzanne Newcombe, PhD
Research Officer
Inform
Houghton Street
London WC2A 2AE
(+44) 20 7955 7654
www.lse.ac.uk/collections/INFORM

Inform Spring Seminar – Prophecy in the New Millennium – Saturday 12 May 2012, LSE

To register and for more information please visit http://www.inform.ac/

Please note: Inform takes every care to provide as accurate and balanced an account as possible, but we welcome corrections and comments.