 From: Regev Nathansohn <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 1:45 AM
Subject: Visual Sociology (TG05) / Call for Discussants @ Buenos Aires

Dear TG05 members,
Our meeting at Buenos Aires is fast approaching, and we’ll soon be able to share with you our fascinating program!
Meanwhile, we're still looking for discussants for a few of our panels. We see these panels as a platform for sharing innovative researches, thought provoking discussions and also future publications. The discussants will receive the full papers few weeks prior to the conference, and will share his/her comments on the oral and distributed papers presented at the end of the panel. This will be for 10-20 minutes, depending on the panel. Our intention is that the papers on each panel will be published in a high impact special edition journal. As part of this process the discussant will be the first phase of the peer-review process that all papers will go through in preparation for their publication. In addition to their role as discussants, they will also be invited to take part in the publication process as co-editors and/or writers of commentary sections.

If you are interested in such a role, please:
1)      Make sure you're able to secure your presence in Buenos Aires this August 1-4.
3)      Upon receiving your notification I'll share with you the details of all panels in need of a discussant. You will then need to provide the following by March 10th:
a.      A ranking of these panels according to your preferences of where to be a discussant.
b.      A short statement (of 150 words), of why you fit the role.
4)      Final decisions will be made by the sessions' organizers, and notifications will be sent by March 20th. If accepted, you'll be required to pay the Forum's registration fee by March 26th (for online registration visit: http://www.isa-sociology.org/buenos-aires-2012/forum-registration-fees.htm).
Note: there's a limit of two roles one can have in the ISA Forum. If you are already doing 2 things at the ISA Forum (i.e. as a participant, chair or discussant) you will not be able to take on another role.

All the best,
Ragev Nathansohn
(TG05 program coordinator for Buenos Aires)